Have I mentioned how I'm incredibly indecisive?  I love being creative, but then when I have too many options I get overwhelmed and never know what to do!  It happened with wedding planning (in pretty much every aspect), choosing a field to work in (which is consistent for me, lol), and now decorating my house, which has inevitably rolled over into the baby room.  

Originally, before we knew the gender (and pretty much thought we'd have a boy) I wanted to do a fun, worldly theme.  Then, everywhere you look there's such adorable animal stuff everywhere.. Elephants, owls, monkeys, and so on.. how do you decide?  So, we painted the room gray, because we knew we wanted it gender neutral, either way.  And then, once we found out it was a girl..  I obviously wanted to do something a little more girly.  I can't help it!  I'm a girly girl!  I can't fight it.  However, I don't want to clutter the room with "Princess" stuff.  >>We've talked before about how we don't want her to get a "princess" mentality, and don't want to focus on that, just because she's the only girl of the family<<

I figure, the room is gray with white trim, and we're going to get a white crib.  The rest of the stuff I feel like just fills up..  Am I right?  People give you sentimental things, the kids eventually make things, I will obviously add some of my own things, but I feel like the bedrooms turn into something on their own. 

This is turning out to be a way longer explanation of this room, but bear with me!  Haha!

Anyways.. everything else is going to be gray and white, with some pink thrown in because I feel like it's inevitable.  So, I dug out Chase's old end table, and decided to make that a fun little piece!

I always forget to take a before picture until I've already started.. sorry!  


I made my own chalk paint, because it's crazy expensive!

Basically, every recipe you find on Pinterest is different, but they all seem to work.

So, I bought some Plaster of Paris.

Recipe:

2 Cups of Flat Paint

2 Heaping tablespoons of Plaster of Paris

2 Tablespoons of water

Stir it together,and it'll give the paint a nice chalky texture once it dries.  

I also spray painted the old gold hardware white.

Once it all dried, I debated sanding the edges or not, and opted not to.  I decided I just wanted it clean.  So I used some liquid wax to wipe all over it to finish it up, and it turned out great!

It's just a fun, girly, pop of color.


 photo BeFunky_sigjpg_zpsdaf10c08.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear what you have to say..

Ashley

Ashley

ABOUT ME

Mother to Everly and Wife to Chase. I'm a Minnesota Mama who wants a blog to share, create, inspire and be inspired! Follow me for all of the adventures and ideas while I'm Flirting with the Days!

SOCIAL



Search This Blog

POPULAR POSTS

Powered by Blogger.