Happy Monday!

I had such a nice weekend.. I got my hair done, went out and spent some time with some friends, slept, got some things done around the house.. a little bit of everything!

Yesterday, once I finally rolled out of bed I made myself run some errands just to get moving..

Then I went home and juiced (cucumber, kale, lemon, apple, grapes, and carrots).  I've just been LOVING playing with all of the different combinations...  it all ends up being so tasty!   After that, cleaned the whole house and even did some rearranging..  and then (naturally) after cleaning the whole house, I decided to bake.  Why does that happen like that?  Am I the only person who cleans the kitchen just to wreck it?  Haha.. Oh well, it was fun, and I was craving something freshly baked...
So I started thinking of what I have in my cupboards, and googling some recipes, and of course, ended up coming up with my own mini muffin recipe.. and might I say, they are DELICIOUS!

Ingredients:
 2 tbsp honey (mine has added pollen)
1/4 100% Pure Maple Syrup
1 large egg
1 tsp (all natural) vanilla extract
3 large bananas, mashed
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
3/4 c. Coconut oil
1/2 Cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tsp of crushed flax seeds

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Beat honey, egg, bananas, vanilla, and maple syrup until blended.  Add in flours, baking soda, salt, flax seeds and coconut oil.  Beat until combined, and then add in the chocolate chips.
3.  Grease your muffin pan!  I used a mini-muffin pan, so I baked mine for about 13-15 minutes..  (until edges are golden brown).   If you use a normal muffin pan, bake them for a little longer, like 16-18 minutes.


I was so nervous these weren't going to turn out, but they ended up perfect, and even the next day.. They're so moist (I know, everyone hates that word.. but they are!) and delicious!

Try them yourself, and
if you find any other alternatives or substitutes, let me know!  


 photo BeFunky_sigjpg_zpsdaf10c08.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Yum! These look AMAZING! Do you think you could sub out oat flour for the all purpose and get the same consistency? i know if it was all wheat flour, it would probably make them pretty dense. Hmmm... I may have to experiment lol

    I always clean my kitchen, just to destroy it. But, that goes for all of my house. Eva and Abram are hard to keep up after lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever used oat flour! But it'd be worth trying! The coconut oil seems to do a good job at keeping them moist, so I bet it'd work out!

      Delete

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear what you have to say..

Ashley

Ashley

ABOUT ME

Mother to Everly and Wife to Chase. I'm a Minnesota Mama who wants a blog to share, create, inspire and be inspired! Follow me for all of the adventures and ideas while I'm Flirting with the Days!

SOCIAL



Search This Blog

POPULAR POSTS

Powered by Blogger.