Last week, I did my first sweet paint job! A long time ago, my roommate/best friend bought a cheap $5 full length mirror from Target. Her boyfriend, bored one day, decided to throw some extra wood on there and create a frame. When they moved to Utah, she left the mirror with me. I've been meaning to paint it.. and finally, I did! First, I painted it white. Two layers, actually.
After that was mostly dry, I went over it with some blue paint. I used the same brush, and just let it all sort of mesh together if it needed to. I let the blue dry completely. Once that was done, I sanded the frame. You can sand it as much or as little as you want to. It'll turn out great regardless! I probably could have sanded mine more than I did... but I was impatient :) I forgot to take a picture of that step though.. Once I was done sanding, I swept all of the dusties off.. Then, I covered it all with a stain.
I left the stain on for about 10 minutes, then I took an old t-shirt of my hub's, and wiped it all off. And.... Voila!
A Beautiful, "weathered" looking paint job. I personally love it. The pictures didn't turn out great.. I'll try better next time :) But this was a fun job, and I love the way that it turned out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear what you have to say..

Ashley

Ashley

ABOUT ME

Mother to Everly and Wife to Chase. I'm a Minnesota Mama who wants a blog to share, create, inspire and be inspired! Follow me for all of the adventures and ideas while I'm Flirting with the Days!

SOCIAL



Search This Blog

POPULAR POSTS

Powered by Blogger.