Last night after work, I went to the gym and got in a REALLY good full body work out!  (I am so sore today)  Afterwards, I was blog browsing and came across this wonderful healthy living type of blog where I found a great recipe for these cookies!  I decided I had to make them right away.
You can check out the blog and original recipe for yourself here.
I modified a few things, and it they turned out so good!

Here are the ingredients I used:
2 tbsp salted butter, softened
2 tsp. vegetable oil
2 Medium Bananas
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 egg white
3/4 Cup flour (it calls for white, and that was all that I have at the moment.. but i'm going to try whole wheat next time)
1/2 tsp Baking Powder (she used 1/4 tsp. of baking soda, but I didn't have any!  So I used twice as much baking powder, and it turned out great!)
1/2 Cup chocolate chips (obviously, I went over the half cup a little bit.. :)
I chose to add:
1 1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein powder.

Oven preheated to 375*
First I mashed together the bananas, brown sugar, vegetable oil and butter.  Then I added in the vanilla, salt, and egg white.  Slowly, I blended in the flour and baking powder.  Then I added in chocolate chips and the protein powder.

This recipe advised to drop 1/2 teaspoon sized cookies onto a cookie sheet.  This would make for each cookie to be approximately 34 calories.  That's cool..  but I didn't do that.  Mine were a full tablespoon.
If you do the mini cookies, it directs to bake for about 4-6 minutes, but mine being bigger, I baked them for about 8.

They are perfect!  The banana keeps the cookies so moist, and I couldn't believe how little sugar, butter, and oil was used.  I think I'll try a few healthy and different modifications in the future.  I'll keep you posted :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear what you have to say..

Ashley

Ashley

ABOUT ME

Mother to Everly and Wife to Chase. I'm a Minnesota Mama who wants a blog to share, create, inspire and be inspired! Follow me for all of the adventures and ideas while I'm Flirting with the Days!

SOCIAL



Search This Blog

POPULAR POSTS

Powered by Blogger.