Detox: The process of removing toxins from the body.

After this holiday season, I sure needed to remove the toxins from my body!  So much wine, sugar, and heavy carbs..  So I decided to try a cleanse or detox for a week.  It is based around The Ultra Simple Diet by Dr. Hyman.  

Basically, here is what I am having throughout my days for 7 days:

Breakfast:
A smoothie with spinach, banana, berries, protein, flax seeds, 1/2 squeezed lemon, ice, and a splash of water to your preference.
Green tea

10 am: 
1 Cup of organic vegetable broth.  It sounds gross, but it really isn't so bad at all!  

Noon: 
1 Cup of organic brown rice and steamed veggies.

2ish:
A handful of almonds
Green tea

Dinner:
Organic Salmon or Organic Chicken
Organic Steamed Veggies
Organic Brown Rice

Lots and lots of water all through the day!  

Sounds fairly easy, right?  It did to me, because it's sort of what I do anyways.  
But what are the things that i'm leaving out completely?

Coffee
Alcohol
Sugar
Wheat
Dairy
Red meat

So, i'm not eating my usual yogurt, eggs, cheese, and CARBS!  Last night I worked at the restaurant I'm at part time and I'm just so used to snacking on a little bit of our delicious bread!  But I couldn't.  And I'm sticking to it pretty well!  Also, my morning coffee is absent, which is quite the challenge!  Not to mention the red wine.. It's only been two days, so that hasn't been too hard.  

If anyone wants to try this for a week, or even just a few days, I strongly suggest it!  It's advised that you walk for at least 30 minutes a day as well.  I think you can do more if you want, but some people might not have the strength to work out as strenuously as they typically would.  I would recommend using organic products.  You don't HAVE to, but the idea is to get rid of toxins, so you don't want to go eating products filled with pesticides and hormones. And if you get the munchies.. just fill up on tons and TONS of veggies!  You can eat as many veggies as you'd like!



Supposedly, you can lose up to ten pounds during this week!  Although i'm not sure that's great for your metabolism, it's a nice way to kick start a weight loss program.  I've lost about two so far.. and i'm on day three!  You can start to play it into your daily life afterwards, too.  Just filling up on more veggies and less carbs is so beneficial.  Also, recognizing the SUGAR that's around you!  It's in EVERYTHING!  Trying to cut back on that is difficult for me, but SO NEEDED!

I think that when I'm done with this 7 day cleanse, I will continue to do this for a few days at a time once in a while.  You should try it too!  



1 comment:

  1. that sounds awesome! way to go woman! GET IT! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear what you have to say..

Ashley

Ashley

ABOUT ME

Mother to Everly and Wife to Chase. I'm a Minnesota Mama who wants a blog to share, create, inspire and be inspired! Follow me for all of the adventures and ideas while I'm Flirting with the Days!

SOCIAL



Search This Blog

POPULAR POSTS

Powered by Blogger.