Well, it's started-- Holiday parties, which I LOVE!  This last weekend we had an annual Friendsgiving over at one of my bestie's house.  They deep fry a turkey, make stuffing, potatoes, corn.. the whole works!  
So I decided to try Kimchi Deviled Eggs for an appetizer!

In Korea, instead of saying "Cheese!" when posing for a picture, they say "Kimchi!"

Kimchi is a Korean fermented cabbage, really similar to sauerkraut.  It's packed full of probiotics that are said to help balance the bacteria in the digestive tract.  It's also high in Vitamin A & C, as well as antioxidants!  This low calorie, vegetable based condiment adds a nice kick to many meals!  We've been having it on scrambled eggs, stir fry, and now I tried it with Deviled eggs for the first time, and everyone loved it!

All I did was boil a dozen eggs.
I threw a large spoonful of Kimchi in the food processor and chopped it up.
Then I added the yokes and about a 1/2 cup of Dijon Mustard.  

>>little trick<<
Instead of spooning the filling back into the eggs (which gets so messy!) I did something similar to what you would do when decorating a cake..
I spooned the filling into a plastic zip lock bag and snipped the corner!  MUCH cleaner!

I topped them off with some chili powder, and a small green pepper slice for a garnish.  

I was trying to make them look like pumpkins, like I saw somewhere on pinterest, but it was a miserable fail.  Haha!
Either way, they were delish!  And such a great snack to bring to holiday parties!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear what you have to say..

Ashley

Ashley

ABOUT ME

Mother to Everly and Wife to Chase. I'm a Minnesota Mama who wants a blog to share, create, inspire and be inspired! Follow me for all of the adventures and ideas while I'm Flirting with the Days!

SOCIAL



Search This Blog

POPULAR POSTS

Powered by Blogger.