Look at me go!  Haha!
 
Well, it's already Friday and I'm just blogging about last weekend!  It was Labor Day weekend, and although I didn't do anything spectacular, or get out of town, it was a nice three day weekend to say the least.  I spent some time on the lake with some good friends, and even tried wake surfing!  It took me a few tries to get up, and when I did I was only up for a second, but I did it!  I think I prefer wake boarding instead.  Still, it was very fun!  It was perfect weather.  Labor day weekend is always bittersweet, because it sort of represents the end of summer.  Kids go back to school, the air gets a little more brisk, and you change white pants for tall brown boots!  Summer in Minnesota always flys by, but because it's only about 4 months of hot weather, we take advantage of every second of it!  So, although I feel like I didn't get enough of it, I am ready for a change of pace.  Fall is so beautiful here..  The air gets crisp, the leaves change beautiful colors, and of course, I love fall wardrobes! It's probably my second favorite season..  but it means that winter is right around the corner.  Although I dislike the cold, winter in Minnesota has it's own character.  In a way, it's fun finding ways to stay warm!  And during the holidays, it's just perfect.  Once those are over, we try to manage a winter vacation of some sort, just to break up the season!  Then it seems that right when you think you just can't stand winter any longer, you start seeing the snow melt and people are wearing shorts in 50* weather!  (yes, they really do!) I love living in a place where the seasons change so much.  It keeps activities different and makes things interesting! 
Unfortunately, with the change of seasons came my allergies!  So Chase and I skipped our date night this week, and opted to stay in, talk about finances (boring, but needs to happen), and went on a walk.  This weekend, we are going to go see his mom in small town Wisconsin.  Chase and I are going to camp on his Grandpa's lake where we will fish and just relax.  It'll be perfectly chill camping weather, and a nice little getaway with just the two of us.

I hope everyone had a fabulous Labor Day weekend as well, and a good weekend ahead, too! 
Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Your Labor Day weekend sounded fabulous! I know what you mean about it being bittersweet, though. I love MN seasons!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear what you have to say..

Ashley

Ashley

ABOUT ME

Mother to Everly and Wife to Chase. I'm a Minnesota Mama who wants a blog to share, create, inspire and be inspired! Follow me for all of the adventures and ideas while I'm Flirting with the Days!

SOCIAL



Search This Blog

POPULAR POSTS

Powered by Blogger.