I haven't yet mentioned this on here, but in just over two weeks, my husband and a few of our friends are spending two weeks in Thailand!!!  

I'm not going to lie, it sort of is sneaking up on me!  I just realized the other day how soon it is that we're leaving, and now i'm thinking of all the things that I have to do and have in order before I leave.

Let the Adventures Begin!
Above is our plan.

First, we'll fly into Bankok.  We're arriving there at like 11:00 pm, so by the time we get to the hostel we're staying in, and maybe grab a beer or two, we'll probably take it easy and head to bed.  The next day we plan on spending some time checking out Bankok.  We'll most likely visit the floating market and see the Buddhist Temples.  That evening, we're going to grab the overnight train and head up to Chiang Mai.  

Chiang Mai seems to be more outdoorsy and adventurous.  We will be there for four days.  One of the days we will be spending at an Elephant Farm where we can learn to take care of our own elephant.  We'll bathe it, feed it, and ride it through some waterfalls!  I'm sooooo excited for this day!  The farm we chose to visit (there's many throughout Thailand) has amazing ratings and only takes elephants from unhealthy living conditions and puts them in a natural environment for breeding to prevent extinction.  
There will also be a lot of trekking opportunities, cave exploring, hill tribes, and bamboo rafting, along with a National Park to see.  
And in the evening, there's a Night Bazaar in the heart of the city, which is supposed to be very lively market where you can barter on unique merchandise, and there's local musicians playing all through out. 


Ahhhhh mazing.

After our four days there, we will fly down to Krabi.  The plans we have for down here are very fluid still.  We have all discussed staying within the Koh Phi Phi Islands, which is supposed to be absolutely stunning. They actually film a lot of movies here, like The Beach with Leonardo DiCaprio! There's so many options for different islands and areas to stay in, we might just play it by ear and find out what seems to be the best place.  Obviously, it's island style down here..  eat, drink, and sing all day!  We'll maybe find some opportunities for fishing, scuba diving, cave exploring, and relaxing!  Oh, and I hear massages are incredibly cheap.. I could get carried away with those!
  We'll explore the area down here for about 6 days before we fly back up to Bankok to get ready to head home.

Coincidentally, my step sister is coming into Thailand two days before we depart.  So while we're spending our last day in Bankok, we'll hopefully be able to meet up with them for a bit!  

I am beyond excited!  And I'm looking forward to sharing all of our experiences on here!  

If there is anyone who comes across this who has any tips, advice, or insight on this, please share!

6 comments:

  1. I envy your traveling abilities! I've never even been to Mexico! ha. How do you plan/afford your trips?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! It's not easy.. Our European Honeymoon was much helped with our wedding budget. Mexico is fairly easy for us because we have a family condo there, so it's just airfare. This trip we've been planning for a while, and we wouldn't have been able to do it without being strict with savings and tax returns! I DO hope you make it to Mexico this year, Amanda!

      Delete
  2. So So excited for you! You should try to blog when your there :) I cant wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog on a post through Henning Love. Have a blast in Thailand. I went there for our honeymoon and it was so amazing. We loved every part of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much! We're getting very excited.. feel free to follow me! I'll hopefully be posting a little while i'm gone, and for sure when I get back!

      Delete

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear what you have to say..

Ashley

Ashley

ABOUT ME

Mother to Everly and Wife to Chase. I'm a Minnesota Mama who wants a blog to share, create, inspire and be inspired! Follow me for all of the adventures and ideas while I'm Flirting with the Days!

SOCIAL



Search This Blog

POPULAR POSTS

Powered by Blogger.