Mother Earth, that is!

Yesterday was my day off and I was on the go all day long. First, I had my chiro appointment which was awesome!  Then I took Rocko for a few laps around the dog park.  It was a beautiful day, and it's one of my favorite ways for both of us to get out and get some exercise!

I went home and finished exercising out on my deck.  It's sooo nice to be able to do that again!  Lots of arms and squats while soaking  up the sun!

After that, I got all of my veggie seeds started, so I'm hoping they'll be good to plant in the ground in about a month!  Fresh veggies every day straight from my garden.. I just can't wait!

I got all inspired to bust out my juicer..  so I ran to the grocery store for some ingredients.
I'm somewhat "new" to juicing, so I wanted to do a drink that would be healthy and nutritious, but still tasty!
I whipped together this delectable concoction that's oh sooo good for you!


1 Cucumber (great source of Vitamin B, Vitamin C, rehydrates and helps to eliminate toxins)
3 Stems of Kale (Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K-cancer fighting-,full of antioxidants, and high in fiber and iron.. a total superfood!)
1 Kiwi (High in potassium, Vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidant Vitamin E)
4 Tangerines (Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Potassium)
2 Green Apples (High in antioxidants, and fiber, and help keep teeth healthy)
1 Lemon (Vitamin C, Fiber, regulates body's pH levels, antibacterial, and has 22 anticancer compounds)
A handful of baby carrots (Vitamin A (good for the eyes),  Potassium, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid)

Juice together, and enjoy!  This made about 3 cups of juice.  I drank one, and put the rest in a sealed pitcher, but we finished it off this morning.  When juicing, the idea is to make it fresh each time, because that's when it has the most nutrients.  But if you keep it in a sealed container, it can last a few days, although some of the nutritional value will still diminish.  I just prefer to make more at once.



Anyways.. it was delicious, and obviously so good for me!  It makes me even more excited to grow my own spinach, carrots, cucumbers, and tomatoes and see all of the tasty creations I can come up with!

Oh..  I also got Chase a little Earth Day present..
A new GLASS water bottle.

He's one of those people who feels like he has to grab beverages every time he stops at a gas station..  Gatorades are 2/$3!  Better stalk up!

... and three days later, there they are.  Still in the front seat of the car, maybe with two sips taken out of it.  So I have to dump the rest out, and recycle the bottle.  It's just WASTEFUL.  And GROSS.  Not to mention, i'm really trying to cut him from drinking those sick sports drinks.


I got us His & Her glass water bottles.  Glass has become really important to me.. I just don't trust plastic!  In fact, I changed out our water system at home so it's filtered out of the faucet, and then I fill a big glass jug instead of my old Britta.  We've also replaced all of our tupperware with glass or ceramic, and  I'll be registering for glass baby bottles..

Here is one of a million articles that states how "BPA Free" plastics are full of other toxins.. (this article names BPS as a substitute) and says it can contribute to hormonal changes, fertility problems, cancers, diabetes, and more..  sick, sick SICK!

So, Chase's water bottle is his Green step for Earth Day.

Here are some of the easiest ways to get a little greener:


  • Buy a reusable water bottle for your daily beverages instead of buying a water/soda/whatever every.single.day.  


  • Use reusable bags!  The amount of plastic bags that Target tries to fork out every day is repulsive.  

             -Every year Americans throw away approximately 100 Billion plastic grocery bags.  source
You can find some super cute reusable bags here.
I have the one that says "Make Love Not Waste" and it bundles up into a convenient little pouch that is in my purse 24/7.


  • RECYCLE.  It's so obvious.  It's so EASY!  There's just NO REASON not to!  And yet, here we are throwing away 100 Billion plastic bags and out of 50 Billion plastic bottles, only 23% gets recycled each year!  What's wrong with us?!?   

I guess Earth Day inspired me a little bit this year!  Haha!  I can't help it.. I'm my father's daughter, and I think it's important to do all of the little things that we can to help keep her clean!  

Love your mother!





 photo BeFunky_sigjpg_zpsdaf10c08.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Love this I still have my coffee cup you gave me

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear what you have to say..

Ashley

Ashley

ABOUT ME

Mother to Everly and Wife to Chase. I'm a Minnesota Mama who wants a blog to share, create, inspire and be inspired! Follow me for all of the adventures and ideas while I'm Flirting with the Days!

SOCIAL



Search This Blog

POPULAR POSTS

Powered by Blogger.