We had our 20 week ultrasound!  I just can't believe I'm half done with this pregnancy already!

Having the ultrasound was honestly incredible.. you can see how the baby is positioned,and we saw it move a little bit, too, and we even were able to watch the heart valves  pumping!  It's all just unbelievable.. pregnancy in general.  That i'm growing a little person.. who's half me, half Chase.  It's just crazy..
Anyways.. I'm sure every mother has those thoughts, so i'll just move on..

We chose to have a little Reveal Party so we could find out the sex with (most) of our favorite people!  I did buy these little elephant pins from etsy and made everyone wear their vote.. Pretty much everyone was rooting for a boy!

After everyone was there and had a few drinks, we cut the cake..


I'm sooooo excited!

I sort of think I had a feeling the whole time that it was a girl.. It just felt like it.. and the superstitions were right!  She had a high heart rate, and the Chinese Gender Predictor was correct as well.  But logically, I thought it was a boy, since Chase is just such a "boy", and we both come from male dominated families..  I just assumed we'd have a boy first!  

But, I'm beyond thrilled!  And he is too, although I think he's still getting used to the idea!  I just don't think he has a clue yet.. this little girl is going to have him wrapped around her finger in no time!

We had our follow up from the utlrasound yesterday, and my OB confirmed that everything is well and healthy!  She is proportioned and growing at a perfect rate, as am I!  I've gained 10 lbs, I have 10 more more to go!  It was a bit of a relief to have that appointment..  During the ultrasound, they check for 250 abnormalities, so it's a little nerve wracking..  There was just a part of me that was still nervous given all of the stress I put on my body in the first trimester with the surgery and all..  But, all is good, and I have a healthy little baby girl growing!  



 photo BeFunky_sigjpg_zpsdaf10c08.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I was so excited when I saw this!! :) Little girls are the best! Any name ideas yet?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear what you have to say..

Ashley

Ashley

ABOUT ME

Mother to Everly and Wife to Chase. I'm a Minnesota Mama who wants a blog to share, create, inspire and be inspired! Follow me for all of the adventures and ideas while I'm Flirting with the Days!

SOCIAL



Search This Blog

POPULAR POSTS

Powered by Blogger.